- The types of personal information Scenic collects about you through our web site
- How Scenic collects that information
- The purpose for which Scenic collects that information
- The types of organisations which Scenic discloses the information
- How Scenic Tours keeps your personal information safe
- How you may opt-out of or limit use of your personal information
- Employee accountability
- How you may contact Scenic
- Maintaining this policy
Types of information
Scenic collects a variety of information which is essential to provide our services to you.
The information we collect includes:
- Personal information or details registered with Scenic is used solely for the purpose of meeting your travel requirements. Personal information includes contact details (name, address, e-mail address, agency name), logistical details (destination details, travel requirements)
- Some basic information about your computer and Internet connections
- Patterns of use on this web site
- Applications of employment and resume details in response to employment opportunities at Scenic
How is the information collected?
Information is collected from customers directly registering their contact details on the site or via registered travel agents registering their customer’s details via a separate portal.
Users are able to submit via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org applications and resume details in response to employment opportunities within Scenic that are listed on the web site.
Purpose of collection
- To enable a Scenic consultant to dispatch a brochure a customer has requested.
- To enable a Scenic consultant to complete a reservation by a registered travel agents or customer.
- If you select, for Scenic to communicate with you about new products.
- If you select, for Scenic to communicate with you about any new touring options or special offers.
- To receive applications from users interested in applying for employment opportunities at Scenic.
For operational purposes we take note of how you use the site, such as recording site traffic, navigation techniques and to diagnose problems with our server and administer our web site. We also use the information we collect to monitor and improve our internal operations, as well as to improve the experience of our web site users.
Facebook data collection
When and to whom will personal information be disclosed?
Scenic will only use this information to complete reservations on your behalf and to allow our consultants to contact you regarding your travel requirements. This includes providing necessary information to travel agents, airlines, hotels, insurance providers and attraction suppliers.
Please be assured we would never send unsolicited mail, nor would we sell customers names, addresses, e-mail addresses or other personal information to a third party.
How do we keep your information safe?
The information we receive from or about users is stored on systems designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration of the information under our control.
Registered travel agents using this site are issued with a user name and password. It is the responsibility of the agent to ensure this user name and password is kept confidential and not issued or shared with any other person.
Employment applications and resumes submitted by users to: email@example.com will be disposed of using security disposal methods within one month of the application closing date.
The Scenic web site allows users the option to opt-out of receiving communications from us. Users can choose not to receive a free colour brochure or to be kept informed of any new Scenic touring options and special offers.
Only those Scenic employees that have a legitimate business purpose for accessing and handling personal information obtained by us are given authorisation to do so.
Maintaining this policy